Friday, September 11, 2009

Hola from Santiago!

Bienvenidos a Santiago Chile! We finally got here! Kim (my cousin) was at the airport to pick us up, then we rushed back to her house as fast as we could and only had time to brush our teeth before we headed to her daughter Hailey's traditional Chilean dance performance. It was like a big carnival at the school. There was a live band and singers performing the songs and all of the grades 1-6 did their dances. They also had food and toys for purchase at the school. It was like one big party! I think I could get used to this. :) After the dance performance we went back to Kims for lunch, showers, and naps. It's been a great first day in Santiago!


This was the band and singers performing during the dances.



I just had to get a picture of thi teachers' spurs. They are HUGE!

Hailey's class doing their dance. She's the one in the white shirt with the black shawl.


Hopefully this works, I've never uploaded a video before. If this does work, this is Hailey's class doing their traditional dance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I saw your blog on Amanda's blog. I hope you post lots about the trip, it sounds like it will be great! :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed