Wednesday, January 29, 2014

UK Part 4

Our next stop was Oxford.  Ashlee was kind enough to indulge my desire to see Christ Church College. One of the many colleges in Oxford.  We didn't go inside due to lack of time, but it was very impressive from the outside.

From Oxford you can take a bus to Blenheim Palace; birthplace and childhood home of Winston Churchill. I felt like I had stepped into a Jane Austen novel. This place was incredible! I have a hard time believing someone actually lives here.  I wouldn't want people touring my home day in and day out if I were them, but it's what keeps the place running. It's too expensive to live there otherwise.


Christ Church College - where the inspiration for the Great Hall in the Harry Potter films came from.

Ready to go into Blenheim Palace. Notice the incredible gate in the background.

Someone lives here! Can you imagine?

My favorite room in Blenheim: the library, complete with an organ.

Quote from dear Winston. Turns out he didn't love his time at Blenheim Palace.

From the "back yard".  This place has extensive grounds. You could almost get lost there.  They even have a Secret Garden!

Don't we look happy to be rid of our packs? A kind soul let us store them in the gift shop.

Disney Franchise was filming Cinderella.  Watch for it to come out in 2015.  They were getting shots of the grounds from a helicopter while we were there, so if you see a speck of blue walking the grounds in the movie, that's me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are documenting our trip!!! It was so much fun, I'm so glad we went :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed