Sunday, January 26, 2014

UK Part 1

Okay, okay, okay. Since everyone has been begging me to post some pictures of my trip to the UK I decided to finally give in. 

Alright, no one has begged me to post pictures, but here they are anyway! I'm normally that person who waits for someone else to post the pictures of me on Facebook (I really hate putting pictures on there myself - do they have a word for that?  Facebook-post-a-phobia?), but since my travel buddy Ashlee Burgener doesn't use her Facebook, I guess it's up to me.  Now, I realize this isn't Facebook, but I just couldn't bring myself to upload them there (remember the phobia?) and a blog is the next best thing.

We took A LOT of pictures. No really. A LOT for the short amount of time we were there, so I'll put our adventures into a few different chronologically ordered posts.

Our first day Ashlee and I went straight from the airport to Windsor.  We chose to pay the extravagant fee and tour the castle with everything we had with us on our backs (we chose to backpack from one location to the next). It was a pretty incredible tour.  It's hard to imagine so much history taking place in one location, and having so much proof of it still there for all (who pay the extravagant fee) to see.

Lovely view of a section of the castle from inside the gate.

Listening to the audio tour.

In the center of the castle.


After our tour we headed to Salisbury for the night.  The next morning we went and toured the Salisbury Cathedral. Absolutely incredible. They had the best preserved copy of the Magna Carta.

View from our breakfast spot.

Inside the Salisbury Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed