Monday, November 16, 2009

McDonalds

Our last day at CONIN we bought the kids McDonalds. You should have seen the looks I got when I asked for 10 happy meals to go. It was a very funny experience feeding these kids McDonals because they didn't know what to do with it. After the first shock of carbonation the loved the Fanta. The french fries were a big hit. But the hamburgers were sadly rejected. We got three of the 12 kids to try the hamburgers and they only ate a few bites. It's a sad day when you find a kid that doesn't like McDonalds, but we had 9! Hopefully some day they'll grow up and learn to appreciate it.

This is the box full of happy meals that I had to carry on a very full very bumpy bus. Yes, I did have Fanta spill on me before the ride was over.



The kids with their Caja Feliz.




More of the kids.




They gave Ruben his Fanta in a bottle





Belinda loved her french fries and tia Paige loved being with her while she ate them.




Marco LOVED his Fanta. He drank almost that full cup without stopping. I feel bad for the poor tia who had to change his diaper after that.




After the kids wouldn't eat their hamburgers they gave all of them to Francisco because he had eaten a few bites of his.... not sure if they really though he would eat all of them, but it made for a funny picture.


3 comments:

  1. Leah! I love reading your blog. you girls are doing amazing things! when do you come back? I can't wait to hear even more about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually back right now. I can't wait to tell everyone more stories at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really funny and cute! Thanks for sharing your experience throught your posts and pictures. What a great thing to do! Sorry I haven't commented but I have been reading!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed