Thursday, January 21, 2010

Macro

Photo tip #4 is called Macro.  Have you ever wondered what that little flower looking setting on your camera is?  Well, that is what is called your Macro setting. 

Get to know your Macro setting.

Be friends with it.

It's a friend you really want to have.

When you put your camera on the Macro setting magical things happen.

  • First, your camera lets you get closer to a subject than it normally would and still be in focus.
  • Second, it opens your aperture, so that the background will be blurry and your subject will be in focus.  (Remember me talking about this before?  I love this technique so much that I'm bringing it up again!)
  • Third, when you look at your pictures after using the Macro setting you get really, really happy and do a little dance... or at least I do, but you didn't need to know that.
Here's my example:


See, doesn't this just make you want to do a little dance?  Oh, the things that make me happy.

Now, like always, it's your turn! Go enjoy your Macro setting, and make sure to do a little dance for me!

1 comment:

  1. That pic is beautiful! And we did make the chicken last Sunday for dinner. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed